- Team work
- The different responsibilities on a shoot
- A taste of industry/professional standards
- The practical experience of working with a director/1st AD to a tight schedule
- The formula of music video construction – beauty shots, shooting whole takes of the song, discontinuous editing, lighting, laying a performance bed
- The difference between shooting/editing for music video – compared to film
- Confidence in performance - lip sync, movement, attitude, costume
- Inspiration for shooting your own performance video
And above all it should be fun and an enjoyable/unforgettable experience for all involved.
Technical considerations should not drive or limit the project outcome – we must accept our technical limitations and work within our means. Finding creative solutions and practising everything in advance is the key to a successful outcome.
The idea of a remake
We want to aim for an accurate remake, but it is OUR version of the video and as such we can adapt/compromise/re-think as necessary.